- Licensed Doctor of Optometry for more than 20 years
- Owned and operated retail optical businesses located in stores of a major national retailer
- Owned and operated a commercial optical laboratory serving optical providers and government programs in the New York Metropolitan area
- Education – Johns Hopkins University and State University of New York, College of Optometry
HOWARD S. FRIED, O.D.
- Vice Chairman and General Counsel of NYSE company engaged in diversified businesses throughout the United States
- President/Chairman of a national facilities service company for 25 years
- Education – Accounting and Law Degrees
BURTON T. FRIED
- Optical professional with over 40 years of industry experience
- Senior Director and Director with the largest company in the eyewear industry
- Developed strategic programs from concept to implementation and sustainment
- Multi-unit retail expertise
- Extensive industry-wide relationships with ophthalmic vendors and professionals
- Licensed Optician
THOMAS J. KREMER
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Chief Financial Officer and Controller with large optical retail providers for more than 20 years.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Education – Accounting, Magna Cum Laude, State University of New York
DARLENE P. CETTINA
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- Optical software engineer – more than 25 years of experience.
- Ophthalmic software engineer
- Certified by the American Board of Opticianry, American Board of Opticianry Master and former National Contact Lens Examiners
- A+ Certified CompTIA Computer Technician
- Numerous awards for achievement and leadership
- Education – Business management, software development, refractometry and contact lens technology
KEN VAN CLEAVE
DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Senior level IT professional with expertise in evaluating, planning, coordinating and implementing infrastructure solutions globally
Over 35 years of experience in managing global It operations and service delivery to ensure maximum project efficiency with a major designer, manufacturer and distributor of eyewear and a national firm engaged in vision and eye care benefits.
Education – Electronics Engineering Technology (R.E.T.S.)
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Senior level professional with more than 20 years of experience in Architecture, Design, Creation and Operation of large scale, enterprise-class IT infrastructure environments.
Expert in implementing IT Service Management based ITIL best practices, utilized by some of the largest world-famous companies, to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Formerly Vice-President, IT Operations and Infrastructure, of a leading provider of content-enabled workflow solutions for professionals with 4 billion in revenue servicing customers in 130 countries, 10,000 employees and 20,000 users with a system storing 65 billion documents and 3 petabytes of data.
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
- Over 33 years of ophthalmic field experience specializing in the assessment, design and installation of equipment serving for many years as a Technical Director
- Education – Digital Electronics, Technical Institute
SENIOR APPLICATION SPECIALIST
- Extensive experience in organizational learning and development in support of optometric services for more than 20 years.
- Director of learning and development and Director of training and development for large optical retail providers
- Licensed optician
- Advisory board member for a college ophthalmic technologies program.
NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Over 23 years in Optometric Practice Management.
- ABO Certified Optician since 2008.
- Graduate of Boston University School for the Arts.
DIRECTOR - CLIENT SERVICES
- Over 18 years experience as an Ophthalmic Technician
- Technical Supervisor for a multi-specialty ophthalmic practice for more than 8 years
- Education- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Columbia University
DIRECTOR - CLINICAL SERVICES
- Over 30 years of diversified management experience in the optical industry
- Held positions in operations, purchasing, sourcing and business development
- Managed all areas of the ophthalmic lens business for the largest U.S. contact lens distributor
- Maintained vendor relationships, established analytics to support planning and procurement
- Organized warehousing including layout, inventory setup and maintenance for a large commercial optical laboratory
- Licensed Optician